Tuesday, February 28, 2012

30 Days of Pinterest-Day 11: More Fun Toddler Ideas

I pinned this site because it has a huge list of creative activities to do with your 1-4 year olds.  Many of them are sensory activities.  Since I needed to keep Lucy entertained while I cooked, and I had a couple eggshells from baking brownies, I chose the eggshell sensory activity.  Basically you just let them play with clean and dry eggshells.  I only had two, but it would be great to save them up until you had a good sized bowl full.  You could take them outside with a spatula and let them smash, stir and play.

At first, she just kept tossing them in the sink. I guess she knows that's where they are usually supposed to go.  She finally got the hang of it and had a good time crushing them between her fingers.

I would encourage you to take a look at the list and see what appeals to you and your little ones. We'll be doing a lot more of these as it warms up and we can play outside for the messy activities.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: