Thursday, February 25, 2010
1. I failed my one hour glucose tolerance test on Monday, so I had to do the 3 hour today to see whether or not I have gestational diabetes. For those of you who don't know, this involves a fasting blood draw, drinking a really syrupy sweet drink, then 3 more blood draws on the hour for 3 hours. My veins were not being cooperative so I have needle marks on several places on both arms. Ouch! The good news is that I passed this one!!! At least I'm fairly certain I did. I work at the hospital so I see my lab results before my doctor does, so after googling them I conclude that I passed..I'll let you know if the dr thinks otherwise. I celebrated with a cookie;)
2. Running-hurts. feels like a constant side stitch throughout my entire stomach. Ouch. Although some days it doesn't hurt much at all, so I just have to run when I can and walk the rest.
3. I am SO ready for warm weather. We had a tease last week with some 60 something degree days but now we're back down to lows in the 20s and 30s. Boo!!
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Shelley, me, Darcy getting ready to leave for the race.
Over half of the 5K was actually on the beach along the water. Shelley is 9 weeks pregnant and wasn't feeling well, but she was a trooper and was able to finish the whole thing without puking on anyone!
Friday, February 19, 2010
2. My friends Darcy and Shelley are flying in today to spend the weekend in Charleston. I haven't seen them in a few months and I'm so excited that they'll be here when I get off work this afternoon.
3. Molly, the World's Worst Cat, apparently has Irritable Bowel Disorder/Chronic Colitis and will require long term antibiotic therapy and expensive grain free canned cat food for life to try to prevent or minimize the episodes of vomiting and bloody diarrhea she's been experiencing daily. I can't trust Rich home alone with her, I'm afraid she'll "wander off" while I'm gone..just kidding..mostly.
4. My latest obsession is couponing and bargain shopping. It's amazing how many of the name-brand products we use all the time that we can now get for free or really really cheap just by being educated on when things are on sale, and using coupons then to really stack the savings. I'm working on a "Couponing is Sexy" post in my head to share with you guys a little of what I've learned the last month.
5. Last night we met with our doula, or birth assistant. I'm hoping for a natural, drug-free birth and she will be there with Rich and I throughout labor and delivery to help out with that. We're also signed up for Breastfeeding Class, Infant CPR Class, and Childbirth Class. I tried to sign up for Newborn Care Class but it was full until July...so anyone have any newborn care tips to share since we can't take the class?
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
If you or someone you know/love/like/hate have any of these names, please do not be offended.
1. Audrey - I loved this one but I got some icky faces from friends about it, and one friend said that every Audrey she'd ever known had been really stuck up.
2. Isla - pronounced "Eye-luh" exactly why it ended up getting rejected, we didn't want to forever have to spell and/or tell people how to pronounce her name. I do truly think it's a beautiful name, and love the tropical, beachy vibe it has.
3. Emmeline - with Emmy as the nickname. I thought it was really cute, but truly I got the idea based on the boxer/pit bull foster dog we had named Emmy and I'm not sure I could live with naming our daughter after a dog. Plus, as much as I like the name Emma, it is insanely popular there right now so I was afraid it would blend in with all the Emmas too much.
3. Stella - this was actually our first choice and we almost stuck with it, but we found out some friends of ours were naming their baby girl, born a few months ago now, Stella. I still really like it, even with the associations of How Stella Got Her Groove Back and Stellllllllaaaaaaaa from A Streetcar Named Desire. I wanted Stella Caroline, as a tribute to our time in SC, but Rich loved Stella but not Caroline.
4. Mabel - yep we both liked old-ladyesque Mabel, but not quite enough to commit to it.
5. Clementine - I actually wanted Clementine as a middle name for Mabel, but when I suggested Mabel Clementine both Rich and one of my coworkers laughed and thought it was a joke.
I searched through so many websites and books looking for the right name, and while I liked a lot of them, none felt perfect...until The One. We wanted something that wasn't really popular (like anything on the Top 25 list for the year) but also something easy to spell and pronounce that wasn't extremely eccentric. So check back tomorrow to find out what Baby Girl Morris's name will be. Anyone have any guesses (and if you're on Facebook and have seen it, don't guess!). The initals for the first and middle name are: