We've had the name picked out for a couple months now, and I feel pretty confident that we're going to stick with it. I'll post it tomorrow, but today you get to see some of the names that didn't make the cut for one reason or another.
If you or someone you know/love/like/hate have any of these names, please do not be offended.
1. Audrey - I loved this one but I got some icky faces from friends about it, and one friend said that every Audrey she'd ever known had been really stuck up.
2. Isla - pronounced "Eye-luh" exactly why it ended up getting rejected, we didn't want to forever have to spell and/or tell people how to pronounce her name. I do truly think it's a beautiful name, and love the tropical, beachy vibe it has.
3. Emmeline - with Emmy as the nickname. I thought it was really cute, but truly I got the idea based on the boxer/pit bull foster dog we had named Emmy and I'm not sure I could live with naming our daughter after a dog. Plus, as much as I like the name Emma, it is insanely popular there right now so I was afraid it would blend in with all the Emmas too much.
3. Stella - this was actually our first choice and we almost stuck with it, but we found out some friends of ours were naming their baby girl, born a few months ago now, Stella. I still really like it, even with the associations of How Stella Got Her Groove Back and Stellllllllaaaaaaaa from A Streetcar Named Desire. I wanted Stella Caroline, as a tribute to our time in SC, but Rich loved Stella but not Caroline.
4. Mabel - yep we both liked old-ladyesque Mabel, but not quite enough to commit to it.
5. Clementine - I actually wanted Clementine as a middle name for Mabel, but when I suggested Mabel Clementine both Rich and one of my coworkers laughed and thought it was a joke.
I searched through so many websites and books looking for the right name, and while I liked a lot of them, none felt perfect...until The One. We wanted something that wasn't really popular (like anything on the Top 25 list for the year) but also something easy to spell and pronounce that wasn't extremely eccentric. So check back tomorrow to find out what Baby Girl Morris's name will be. Anyone have any guesses (and if you're on Facebook and have seen it, don't guess!). The initals for the first and middle name are: