1. I had a bit of a scare yesterday because I wasn't feeling Lucy move much at all. The past couple weeks she's been really active and I could pretty much put my hand on a certain part of my belly and she would kick it. Yesterday she was really still and drinking sugary cold drinks, poking her, talking to her..nothing got a response. I went to the doctor after work to be monitored and she immediately kicked the monitor on my belly...of course! I was so glad she was fine, they said she must have just moved positions and now her kicks and wiggles are going towards my back so I'm not able to feel them nearly as much from the front. I think she got tired of me poking her and shining a flashlight on my belly to wake her up and make her move, so she is giving me the finger by rolling over and facing backwards. Hopefully she'll turn again soon, I miss being able to feel her all the time.
2. My friends Darcy and Shelley are flying in today to spend the weekend in Charleston. I haven't seen them in a few months and I'm so excited that they'll be here when I get off work this afternoon.
3. Molly, the World's Worst Cat, apparently has Irritable Bowel Disorder/Chronic Colitis and will require long term antibiotic therapy and expensive grain free canned cat food for life to try to prevent or minimize the episodes of vomiting and bloody diarrhea she's been experiencing daily. I can't trust Rich home alone with her, I'm afraid she'll "wander off" while I'm gone..just kidding..mostly.
4. My latest obsession is couponing and bargain shopping. It's amazing how many of the name-brand products we use all the time that we can now get for free or really really cheap just by being educated on when things are on sale, and using coupons then to really stack the savings. I'm working on a "Couponing is Sexy" post in my head to share with you guys a little of what I've learned the last month.
5. Last night we met with our doula, or birth assistant. I'm hoping for a natural, drug-free birth and she will be there with Rich and I throughout labor and delivery to help out with that. We're also signed up for Breastfeeding Class, Infant CPR Class, and Childbirth Class. I tried to sign up for Newborn Care Class but it was full until July...so anyone have any newborn care tips to share since we can't take the class?