- worked then went to dinner with friends. It was DELISH. I had tuna tartare, the best filet ever, and strawberry shortcake for dessert. Oh and there may have been a mojito and some red wine involved as well. After dinner we went out downtown for another hour or so, but our friends are new parents so we kept it a relatively early night. Well I did anyway, once we got home Rich proceeded to hang out with our neighbors until 3am.
- drug the hubby out of bed
- went back downtown to check out the Farmer's Market, where we loaded up on fruits and veggies. A lot of it isn't local yet, but there were a few local things like greens and strawberries. We also got Mother's Day gifts for both of our moms.
- Took myself to see Ghost of Girlfriend's Past while Rich spent a couple hours studying and betting on the Kentucky Derby
- Went to a cookout/birthday party for our neighbor. Went=walked outside from our backyard into his
- Called it a night about 11pm, Rich proceeded yet again to stay up with neighbors til 3am
- Planned to get up at 6 for my 9-miler, but didn't get up until 9. Oops, I was regretting it during the hot run.
- Run went well, but warm-I thougth that Gary had failed me because the bezel would not work. I was still able to use it as a stopwatch so I just guesstimated how long 9 miles would take and went with it. I later discovered the bezel was just locked, then felt like an idiot. Around mile 6.5-7 I started to get the cold-chill feeling, which now really scares me since I learned it an early sign of heat exhaustion. I stopped at a shady, breezy spot on the sidewalk and walked in place, drank some Gatorade, and poured some water on my head. After that I felt much better and finished up the 9ish. I can tell that my body is already starting to get used to training in the heat, but I am going to continue to force myself to slow down if I feel like I'm overheating. My natural tendency is to push through, but I know that is dangerous so I'm trying to be smarter about it.
- Came home and Rich was just finishing up a mile run. YAY!!!!!!!!! He has now run 2 miles with NO ITB PAIN, that is a huge success and he is going to continue to take it sloooooooow so he can run the fall marathon with me!
- Walked in the door to find that Tanner had knocked the bag containing the Mother's Day gifts off the table onto the tile floor, breaking the gift for my mom. So sorry Mom, it's your granddog's fault you won't be getting your gift on time this year. It's the thought that counts right?
- We grabbed towels, sunscreen, chairs and water and headed to the beach to veg out and read magazines for a couple hours.
- Grilled chicken and made a delicious salad of: lettuce, arugula, basil, and lemon thyme from our garden (that is technically in our neighbors yard) plus some grilled peppers and squash that we got at the Farmer's Market. Dessert was fresh, local strawberries with Edy's slow-churned vanilla bean ice cream and big squirt of Redi-Whip.
- Watched Yes Man (I of course slept through the 2nd half, I never finish a movie)
- Rich wondered why his stomach didn't feel right all day. Maybe because you drank a lot of Coors Light and stayed up til 3am the last 2 nights..just a possiblity;)