Monday, December 15, 2008

The Weekend

was great! Saturday morning Rich and I slept in til 9:30 then got ourselves up and around for our long run, which was 7 miles. I decided to start using my fuel belt again, and I did 2 bottles of water and 2 bottles of gatorade. I forgot how heavy that thing feels when it is full. We did a 3.5 mile out and back, and I was pretty conservative with the energy output on the first half because I had in my mind that I wanted to really push it on the 2nd half, and we did! We did miles 6-7 at an average pace of 9:30 and it was tough, mile 6 was around 9:15 and I'm not sure I've ever run a mile that fast before. I felt great, but the last half mile or so was a struggle. I know I need to push out of that comfort zone more often so I know what it feels like to run when it is hard. Saturday night we went to some friends house for dinner and had a great time playing with their adorable 10month old baby boy. My friend Erin is due literally any minute now with her first baby, and she was grunting through contractions all night. That girl is a trooper! Yesterday we were very lazy and did a little more Christmas decorating, and watched movies on the couch most of the day. Today is 4.5 miles, and I think we'll do it on the bridge to get some hill work in. I hope everyone had a great weekend! Oh it is 70 degrees here today and supposed to be in the upper 70's by the middle of the week, that does NOT feel like Christmas, but it sure is nice!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the running and leaving your comfort zone. The rest of your weekend sounded very nice too.

Van 1- Hall said...

i love rich's why do I run shirt...waterproof bandaids work wonders...any run over an hour I gotta have em. thanks for swinging by the blog!

Frayed Laces said...

Man your temp sounds like Hawaii! We may have similar Christmases!

Marlene said...

Sounds like a nice weekend. Way to push it toward the end of your run.

RunToTheFinish said...

did you say 70??? I don't want to hate you, but a little piece of me does. :)

Lindsay said...

hey! i did my first full at mb back in '06. i hope you have even more fun than i did, which should really be a given since i crashed into 'the wall' extra hard. is this weather crazy or what? (i'm up in greenville.) i like being warm and all but i think we put up with enough humidity the rest of the year to earn at least a few weeks of cooler weather!