Monday, December 1, 2008
My favorite recipe from last night...
is Raspberry Strippers (I did NOT come up with the name)
They are vanilla butter cookies filled with fruit preserves and drizzled with powdered sugar glaze. I used sugarfree raspberry preserves and they're tasty! Plus they are quick and super easy to make. Per my Cooking Light cookbook each cookie has 75cal, 1.5g sat fat, 0.7g protein, 12.4g carb, 0.2g fiber
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 Tbs softened butter
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup raspberry (or other flavor) preserves
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp almond or vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 375. Beat sugar and butter with mixer until well blended. Add 1.5 tsp vanilla and egg white, beat well.
2) Combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt, stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, stirring until well blended. Dough will be thick. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface, divide in half, and roll or shape each half into 12 inch log.
3) Place logs 3 inches apart on cookie sheet coated with cooking spray. Form a 1/2 inch indentation down the lengthh of each long using your finger or the end of a wooden spoon. Spoon preserves into indentation. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to cutting board.
4) Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and remaining extract, stir well with whisk. Drizzle mixture over warm logs. Immediately cut each log diagonally into 12 slices (do not separate slices). Cool 10 minutes, separate slices and transfer to wire racks to cool.
Recipe Origin: Cooking Light Holiday Cookbook, pg 110