Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Growth Spurts and I wanna run!!!

Lucy has been a little fussier the past few days, and has been nursing as often as every hour to every hour and a half sometimes. So that means if she starts at noon, eats for half an hour, then she's ready to eat again 30-60 minutes later. I read that growth spurts are normal around 2 weeks and that is probably the cause of the super frequent eating and some of the extra fussing. We took her to the pediatrician for her 2 week weight check up today and found that she'd grown an inch and gained 12 oz in the last 9 days. At least I know she's getting enough to eat and that all the nursing is paying off. I ate broccoli soup for dinner last night and I think the broccoli may not have treated her very well because she cried, grunted and kicked for what seemed like hours last night.


Now she's sleeping sweetly in her wrap on my chest. This is my view of her right now:) I now I should follow everyone's advice and sleep when she sleeps but I'm having a really hard time napping during the day.





I am SOOOOOOO ready to get back to running. I cannot wait for that first really draining, stress-relieving, everything-feels-right run although I know that it'll be awhile before I get that one in. I'm going to try to make myself wait til my 6 week checkup before running, but depending on how I feel I may try some short jogging stretches incorporated into walks in the next couple weeks.

7 comments:

Abby said...

You've been a blogging fiend these past few days!

I'm not sure if this would be even remotely comfortable given the person that just came out of you, but would biking work as a substitute for running for a few weeks? Not as much pounding on those recovering joints.

Kim said...

Aww, what a little sweetie! I bet it is really interesting to find out what foods she likes and dislikes!

I would be anxious to get back to running too!

Megan said...

Do you have a sling? With a little bit of practice you can nurse with her in the sling. That way you can get stuff done around the house or grocery shop, etc. on days when you have to feed your piggy every 5mins.

I miss mine being so small. I miss holding babies. Enjoy it.

Toni said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful. I think with my kids, things were gravy until that 3 week mark. They wanted to eat all the time, visitors had all left and the house was a mess, I was a mess, and I was starting to miss the outside world. Hang in there, though, because it really does go by so fast. You'll be running again before you know it...and so will Lucy!

Lindsay said...

such a precious photo of her sleeping. man i wish i could eat every 30 mins!! :)

hopefully you will feel good enough to get in a few mini-runs before the 6week mark? i know i would be anxious to run again!

kanishk said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful.
PPC Advertising India

Unknown said...

Great, I was entertained by the post. I learn more things on it. Thanks!!!



zbsports