I was getting so antsy reading all you bloggy buddies' race schedules that I decided to sit down with Rich and create my/our own. I know I won't be setting any PRs but I miss running races and having running goals, and he wants to get in a spring half marathon so here's what we're looking at so far. Oh, and also we have the ultimate goal of racing in every state, not a marathon but just any old race from a one miler on up so we took that into consideration as well.
1. 1/9: Ocean Isle Beach 5K in Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina will cross NC off our list. There is also a half marathon but we will be sticking with the 5K this time. It's pretty short notice since it's this weekend, but we are both off work luckily. It's about a 2-3 hour one way drive so we'll have to get an early start Saturday morning. I'm excited to have a race this weekend! (even if I will likely be walking some of it)
2. 1/30 Charlie Post Classic 15K/5K on Sullivan's Island which is just about 10 minutes from our house. I ran the 15k as a training run for the Myrtle Beach half back in 2007, and at the time it was my longest run ever so I have some great memories associated with it. Rich ran it last year and got a PR but I had to work so I missed out. I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle 15k, even with lots and lots of walking, so I may just do the 5K...although I really really want to do the 15k. We'll see how the next few weeks go and I'll decide right before the race.
3. 2/20 8K for H2O on Folly Beach, one of our favorite beaches in Charleston. I don't think the race is actually on the beach, but that would be pretty sweet. Forget what I said about no PRs this year...I WILL PR if I complete this race because it'll be my first ever 8K. Woo!
4. 2/27 Race for Preservation 10K/5K in downtown Savannah will cross Georgia off the list. Savannah is a really pretty city and I'm looking forward to running through some of it's historic areas.
5. 3/17 Catch the Leprechaun 5K should be a fun one, with Irish music and a post race party. I love St. Patrick's Day because it means it's almost officially SPRING so I'm really looking forward to this one!
6. 4/10 Charlotte Racefest Half Marathon and 10K will be the focus of Rich's training over the next few months because he wants to race the half. I would love to do the half but will be well into my 3rd trimester by then so I think I'll be doing good to finish the 10K.
Well that wraps it up: 6 races over the next 4 months is our goal and hopefully we'll be able to participate in all of them. I got in a good 3 miler last night so I'm hopeful I'll be able to run the whole 5k Saturday and not have to take any walk breaks!