Yay, the lovelyBrandi at Brandi's Blurbs gave me a Kreativ Blogger award. Intentional misspellings (ie. Kwik Mart, Kountry Kitchen, etc) are a pet peeve of mine, so I'm renaming it the appropriately spelled Creative Blogger award. Thanks Brandi!!
If you get this award, you're supposed to tell 7 random or unusual things about yourself and nominate 7 other bloggers, and leave them comments on their blogs so they know they won, so here goes:
1. I'm terrible at sports, like really terrible. I've tried and sucked at the following: tennis (maybe my best sport but that's not saying much), softball, volleyball, and soccer. I'm tall (5'10") and never attempted basketball because I can't make a basket to save my life. I'm very uncoordinated and me playing sports is a very ugly sight, which is why I think I like running. Nobody else depends on my perfomance and aside from staying upright (which I don't always manage), there's not a whole lot of skilled maneuvers involved.
2. I love scary movies. They are my favorite, and I love that this time of year you can often catch them on TV. The Shining is my all-time favorite.
3. I am missing 2 teeth. They're not in the front so they're not that noticeable unless I'm laughing or smiling really big. I need to get dental implants but will have to have a couple of fairly painful surgeries first to repair/graft some bone, and so far I haven't wanted to commit the time or money to it yet.
4. I am a pharmacist, but I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up. I always thought I wanted to be a physician, but then changed my mind in college and decided I wanted to be a dentist (I think I just wanted Friday's off). I took the admittance test, did great on it and started applying for dental schools. I also started working part-time for a dentist and HATED it. I am not good with my hands and get frustrated trying to do things in small spaces, what was I thinking?? Luckily one of my best friends was in pharmacy school and she suggested I try that. I did, and it's a pretty good job to have. I still don't feel like I've found my true calling though. I would like to love my job, but I guess most people don't so I don't feel to abnormal about not loving it. It pays the bills, but it's definitely just a job not a life-calling, if that makes sense.
5. I love to cook, but never did it very often and am just now starting to commit to trying to cook several times a week. My other blog is actually all about my cooking adventures. I am definitely not one of the "health food bloggers" though, I cook all kinds of things both healthy and not so healthy.
6. I have a cat named Shitty Kitty. Her named started out Ghetto Kitty because she came from a shelter in a not-so-desirable part of town in Little Rock, AR. Several of my best girlfriends/roommates from pharmacy school and I all loaded up one afternoon during my 3rd year of school and we picked out this little male cat and named him GK. I took him to be neutered, and the vet called to tell me that it was actually a little girl kitty:) One day when she was still pretty young, she accidentally got locked in my roommate and best friend's room. When we figured it out and let her out, we could smell poo in the room. We searched high and low and could not find it anywhere. Then we look at the bed and notice a big stinky pile in the middle of her duvet. Nice. I had the duvet cleaned and I'm pretty sure she still uses it to this day. That's when Ghetto Kitty became Shitty Kitty. Her name at the vet is Miss Kitty though, and one time Rich had to take her to the vet by himself. He said there were all these people in there with their dogs and then they ask "Who is here with Miss Kitty" and he had to claim her.
7. I love almost all food except for mushrooms, celery and goat cheese. I'm a firm believer in acquired tastes, so I keep trying them but so far I just can't seem to like any of these.
I'm not going to call anyone out and nominate you...sorry, I'm being lazy... but please feel free to use this 7 things idea if you like. Nominate yourselves all you Creative Bloggers out there!