Drum roll please.....the moment we've all been waiting for has arrived. The unveiling of the 2009 plans/dreams/wishes/etc.
1. Run 4 half marathons: Myrtle Beach on Feb 14th, Napa to Sonoma on July 19th, and the remaining to our still TBA depending on numerous factors.
2. Run at least 500 miles
3. Go to yoga at least once every other week
4. Go to spin at least once every other week
6. Strength train at least once weekly
5. Try at least 3 new recipes each month
6.Significantly decrease the consumption of delicious beverages of the caffeinated, sugary and/or alcoholic varieties.
7. Send Christmas cards (I have never done this...always been too lazy)
8. Move or be in the process of moving back to Arkansas
9. Get knocked up
10. Read at least 30 books
11. Actually track my progress so I'll know how I did this time next year.
Whew, it simultaneously exausts and scares me to think of all that. It should shape up to be a very exciting year, one way or the other! Today we are off to the Polar Plunge on Sullivans Island. All last week when it was almost 80 degrees out we thought it was a great plan, but I got up this morning to frozen water in the dog bowls and began rethinking that plan. But apparently Richard really wants to so we're going for it, and it is definitely something I've never done before so after today I'll be able to cross that off the bucket list. I never did get to run yesterday. By the time I got home from work and the chiropractor, it was dark and I was feeling crummy again so we just laid low and watched a couple movies. We did stay awake to watch the ball drop and the countdown in Times Square, but I wasn't even up for drinking any champagne (in case you haven't noticed, that is very ouf of character!). Happy New Year everyone, I hope you all have a wonderful start to 2009.