Wednesday, December 10, 2008

1 outta 2 ain't bad..oh wait, yes it is!

I am at 50% so far this week for workouts. I planned on running the Cooper River Bridge for my 4.5 miles on Monday. Since I HATE to go home, change then go running, I brought my clothes, ipod, and a snack with me. I get to my car after work and realize I forgot to bring a sports bra...ugh ugh ugh! There is no running without that piece of gear, and the bridge is on my way home, so going home and coming back wasn't gonna happen. There is only so much time in the day and I didn't want to waste any of it backtracking, so I ran thru my options...skip the run altogether because my "plan" was messed up, go home and change then drive back to the bridge-nope, stop at a running store somewhere between work and the bridge and buy new sports bra-luckily for the wallet there isn't a store close, or go home and change and just run in my neighborhood-the winning option. I find that I am really inflexible with my running, is that common with runners? If I get a set distance/pace/location/outfit in my mind for that particular run, I get extremely bent out of shape if something goes awry and changes. I mean come on, it's not that big a deal, but it really bugged me. Anyway, I got my miles in and it was a good run and I really enjoyed it, just wasn't what I had been planning on. That's my 50% success rate for the week.

Yesterday was my 50% failure rate...I was supposed to do an easy 3 miles or cross-train. Does eating enchiladas count as cross training? Oh, well in that case I guess I didn't work out yesterday. My name is Amanda, and I'm a "Mexic-olic." I have been clean now for 14 hours. Rich picked me up from work, we went to the chiropractor and to take care of the Petsmart bunny (I am in charge of feeding/cleaning/playing with the bunny for adoption at the Petsmart by our house every Tuesday...random, don't know why I signed up for this, but it's kinda fun), then we were both starving and since he too is Mexic-olic, we soon found ourselves in the red vinyl booth at Los Arcos, our favorite little neighborhood Mexican restaurant, chowing on chips and queso and nose diving into a margarita. Then we went and picked out our Christmas tree and went home to watch Biggest Loser, which made me feel like the Biggest Loser for not working out, but at that point the last thing I felt like doing was moving. So...moving on...I plan to redeem myself today and run the bridge after work today for another 4-5 miles this week. Then tomorrow is rest, Friday is 50min of cross-training, then 7 mile long run on Saturday. Oh, just a short BL rant...I vow to never watch another season if Vicky wins. I don't care that now she "get's it" to quote Bob, she is still terrible. Come on Heba and Michelle, kick some Vicky-butt in the finale!!!!

On a different note, has anyone else NOT started Christmas shopping yet? We aren't going home to see our families until mid-January so I was totally going to wait til after Christmas to shop....but my fam (mom, dad, bro and aunt) just decided a couple days ago that they are coming out to spend Christmas here in Charleston with us...guess I better get my rear in gear and shop shop shop!!

Oh, if anyone has had sucess with a 12 step MA program (that's Mexic-olics Anonymous for those of you not-the-sharpest-tools), please let me know...I need help!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you been to Santi's?!