Wednesday, November 5, 2008

First post

I am jumping on the blogging bandwagon. I make no promises how this will go, since I am less tech savvy than your average toddler. I may post regularly or I may post obsessively at first then get bored with it, that's more my style...who knows...it's just something I'm trying out. I plan on posting about any number of things, but mostly just about our life together and all the fun and craziness that goes along with it. So let me just begin by saying welcome to Adventures in our Funny Farm, and explain why I chose the name. I chose Adventures because that is what our lives are--even the most mundane day is never boring around our house, and Richard and I both love trying new things and going new places. I chose Funny because life is funny, even though I have been accused of having a black cloud over my head (I think this refers to a lack of a sense of humor) but that is just not true, sometimes I just laugh on the inside:) I chose Farm because...well really, if you're reading this, you know us and know that needs no explanation. We currently have 3 dogs: Dickson, Tanner and Fiona and 2 cats Molly and Shi!$y Kitty. We volunteer with Blue Ridge Boxer Rescue so there is usually an extra dog or 2 around the house as well.

5 comments:

Big Russ said...

Looking forward to many more posts into the daily lives at the funny farm!

Darcy said...

I am so excited to read your blog!! now i can quit lurking on people i don't nkow :)

Dad said...

Who said you didn't have a sense of humor, just because you don't like to play cards.

MB said...

And you think you are techno challenged - I have been trying to figure out how to get back to your blog without keeping your original email for at least the last two hours. Before you laugh Amanda, remember that I too was a blonde just a few short years ago. . .

Unknown said...

Yeah! You're the 4th blog i'll have to check on a regular basis..that doesnt make me sound very cool does it?!!